11.29.21 Trach Floor 34

Papa Bear’s blog post

Throwback to a picture from a few stays ago this summer. When I (Rosa) talked to Ed today after GI left, he was definitely in full papa bear mode. Continue on for Ed’s post… 




G.I. came by today to see how Aimee was doing. Once again it was a different doctor than the one we saw last week. He asked how things were going. I almost didn’t even know how to respond to him given all of the things that have happened up to this point. What was he really asking me? We discussed a little bit about what our recent changes have been and in doing so  made he made the comment about not wanting us to have to go home with TPN. My response was simply, “I don’t see us going home without TPN.” He seemed a little taken back by my aggressive nature, but we have been through so much this year with Aimee’s G.I. system. Their theory of “let’s just wait and see” doesn’t line up with our goals for Aimee. 

All of our other teams are on board and have been making steps towards us going home with TPN at the end of the year. G.I. is the last team that needs to be on board with this decision as they will most likely be the ones writing and caring the prescription for TPN. In good news Aimee’s G.I. doctor that’s been following us the whole time in clinic is now back from leave and had asked for an update on Aimee. It’s nice to know that somebody who trusts us will be helping to make some of these decisions for Aimee. 

In our continued effort to remove the tube from Aimee’s nose we have added another does of gabapention. So far we have not seen a reduction in her output from the NG suction tube. Today she did get a full bed bath and her hair washed. She then took a good restful nap afterwards with her heart rate dropping into the 60’s. It feels great to see her resting so comfortably. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.