11.15.21 Trach Floor 20

A day at home. I never want to leave. It is such a taste of freedom. I can do anything: make a cup of tea whenever I want, cook, wash laundry, leave, hug my little ones, go to a different room, play a game, build a fire, go to the store, sleep in a dark room, take a shower, go outside to feel fresh air, stretch. Well, I can do anything save be together with Aimee and Ed. Yet, I could cry for the simple relief of not socializing constantly. It sounds petty to say, but it is exhausting to be constantly ready to talk and build working relationships with strangers 24/7. 

Aimee’s team decided to increase her food by 1ml every 12 hours. Our current goal is to get her to 20mls an hour. At that point we will attempt again to clamp the NG suction in the hopes that the food will have motivated her gut to process the stomach’s secretions. So, tonight she is at 6mls an hour. Assuming it goes as planned, in 1 week she would be ready for a clamping trial again. 

Otherwise, she is holding steady. Requiring respiratory treatments every 4 hours around the clock still, but doing fairly well at that level. She is breathing quite comfortably on the vent and becoming more comfortable with the trach every day. So are we. 

As many of you have had, we had an exciting day at home with exciting weather. Power outage, wind damaged chicken coop, so much water, trouble getting the generator going correctly. I made a silly mistake after I got home last night while milking that just added to the issue. No milking machine tonight or for the rest of the week. Yet, we are safe, dry, and warm in our oddly quiet, powerless house. And we had help from both my in-laws and my parents. And a new friend brought us dinner. And a mystery friend sent us a Thanksgiving package. And I sure love being with these amazing, funny, darling, quirky people. How precious these moments are, even in the storm. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.