11.14.21 Trach Floor 19

Ed’s blog post #8 (Let’s be honest, it wasn’t much of a mystery who the guest blogger was)

Normally I look forward to a windy rainy day in the fall, because that means at some point Rosa and I will be sitting by the fire drinking hot coffee together. I would do any of the outside things so that Rosa could stay inside where it’s warm, cozy, and dry. I wouldn’t even mind milking, feeding the animals, filling the firewood or taking out the garbage because I would know there was a crazy fire going inside. Rosa and the kids would be safe and sound inside the house I built with my own two hands. 

Today is different. Today it’s windy and rainy, but I can’t do any of those things. Instead, Rosa had to leave to go home to be with the other kids and I stay here with Aimee. She has to drive home in this nasty weather, make her own fire, milk the cow, and pray the power doesn’t go out. :( She hadn’t even left the room and I already missed her. 

We have spent 96 days at Children’s Hospital this year and we will not leave before the end of the year. This has been by far our biggest test. I am so thankful to be married to such a steadfast woman. She is amazing and has so much grace for me and, believe me, I need it. I am so thankful for our kids and their ability to adapt and allow others to care for them during this time. Please continue to pray for our entire family. Pray that we will ALL be together again. We need each other. 

Aimee has had a peaceful day. We added back in 5 mls of her formula after giving her a break. It’s a slow process, but better to go slow and make progress than too fast and take steps back. 

I want to give a shout out to Angelique and Nate for all they have done for us during this season. This is Nate’s way of looking after our kids. He’s teaching them how to do one handed push ups. Gotta get your workout in wherever you can. 🤣 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.