11.17.21 Trach Floor 22

Ed’s blog post #10

Well, it must be the middle of the week, because this routine is starting to feel normal. For the record, I don’t want this to be normal. I don’t want to live in the hospital. Nor do I want Aimee to live in the hospital. The floor we are currently on is different than any other floor we have ever stayed on. Kids truly do live here, for many different reasons, but this is where they live. I don’t want Aimee to live here. 

I don’t think I realized it before, but I really enjoy taking care of Aimee. She is so fragile and complicated in so many ways, but also she is so precious. The love I have for Aimee is truly unconditional. Although it’s amazing when I get just even the slightest smirk or smile from her, I never expect it. I couldn’t imagine her life limited to these four walls. She has impacted our family and me to a point I probably don’t even realize, but she has also touched and change many others lives as well. My guess would be if you are reading this blog that Aimee has impacted your life too. Aimee will not be with us forever, but the memories and what she has taught us will. 

Rosa and I get complimented almost daily on how well we care for Aimee. My thought is usually, well of course we do she’s our daughter. But the truth is, not all of these kids are treated that way, this is why we get complimented on it. 

Okay enough of my rambling, how is Aimee doing you ask? I think I wore her out yesterday. For the most part, she slept the day away. We have continued to make small steps forward and are now up to 10 mls of formula and 10 mls of water. We are now half way to her first volume goal of formula before we try and see if she can handle not having the suction tube in her nose down to her stomach. Five more days Aimee, you can do it! Say it with me, Go Aimee Go! Good night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that Aimee will get to return home soon! God knew what he was doing when he put You, Rosa and Aimee together! ♥️

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.