11.20.21 Trach Floor 25

Ed’s blog post #13

I think it’s time for some more uplifting blog posts …  maybe you’ll get one tomorrow since Rosa is taking over after we switch today. She does an amazing job of staying optimistic and really looking to the next step to be achieved. It’s pretty hard to be here thinking through all the things that are either going on or still to be done and not be disappointed about where we’re at right now. Aimee is stable, comfortable, and in a safe place, but yet I’m sad. 

I don’t even know why I’m sad, I mean I do, but I don’t. There’s not just one thing that I can point to as the reason. There are so soo many reasons. I just want to pick her up and run out the doors with her. I want her to laugh because she thinks it funny that her dad is running down the hall with her over his shoulder. I want her to be embarrassed by my dad jokes and roll her eyes at me when I tell her to clean her room. Although I think she would tell me, “Dad, I already did”. I just miss my 12 year old girl I think. She has such an amazing sense of humor and think she would understand mine too. Sorry, this is just what’s on my heart today. 


We have had multiple failures with Aimee’s Ostomy bag where it sticks to her skin. I think when her belly got really distended it actually stretched her stoma so now it’s wider and not as tall. Instead of the stool going into the bag it is tunneling between the adhesive and her skin. Which, as you can imagine, makes a mess and has to be redone. I’ve had to redo it 4 times this week. We normally change it every 5-7 days so that there is less trauma to her skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.