11.11.21 Trach Floor 16

I am hesitant to say this, but I am feeling quite optimistic tonight. Aimee is up to 20 mls an hour of pedialyte. There is discussion adding a couple of mls of food tomorrow. Now, the attending did tell me that pedialyte is absorbed without having to go through the digestive process, so just because she has done well adding in some of it does not mean that food will be digested. Yet, something has gone well and that has brought an increased hope. I am really trying not to ride the emotional waves up and down each day, but it is hard not to get wrapped up in the current trend. For tonight, we have had a success and we needed that win. 

Since we started the CBD back a few days ago Aimee has been so much less uncomfortable and distressed. She did well in her wheelchair for over an hour today. Tonight we were finally able to add in some sleep medications, so I am really hopeful that she will perk up even more in a few days. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.