1.6.22 Trach Floor 71

Ed’s post 

We did it!! We have successfully completed our Trach training. Today my mom, Annette, and my niece, Angelique, did the last required Trach change. They did great, by the way. Aimee was coughing a lot of secretions up and it was not an easy change, but they did it! I want to take a moment and thank both of them for taking the time to learn this part of Aimee’s care. They both had to restructure their work schedule to get all 12 classes in before we were ready to go home. Also, I would like to thank all of you who helped watch the other four kids so that Rosa and I could both be at the trainings too.


The last part of our training was to go portable. Since Aimee has a cold, we couldn’t leave the room, but we did hook her up to the portable vent on the back of her wheelchair and switch everything over to her mobile equipment. I think we still have some tweaking to do, but overall felt pretty good about it. When we first heard about how long this class was, I thought there was no way it would take this long, but there are just a lot of steps along the way to care for Aimee now that she’s Trach and vent dependent. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.