1.17.22 Trach Floor 82

Ed’s Post

Another day down and still no scheduled surgery date for the central line. The medical team is putting it on the shoulders of the MCC team to get it scheduled. Kind of irritating, because, if that was the case, why didn’t they have MCC working on it last week 😠. It is really hard to drive home the point that we don’t want to be here any longer than we need to be, on this floor in particular. There are a good number of patients that have either been here for years or that are waiting around for nursing help at home. So, although the team is very patient, sometimes there just isn’t a fire. 

We shall see what MCC can accomplish this week. Of course, it’s only a four day week because of the holiday today. In good news our MCC provider stopped by today to check in even though we were not on her list today. We talked about the need for the scheduled surgery date so she will get on it in the morning. I have faith in her, because she was the one that got our other kids approval to come see Aimee before it was allowed. We just need a date so we can plan ALL of the other things around it. 

Aimee is again sleepy today. The suction machine continues to function. I wish I felt really good about it. I just feel a little bit skeptical 🧐. We did manage to get her into a bath chair and give her a REAL shower for the first time since we were last home. I’m sure it felt amazing. I know I feel better for her 🤣.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.