1.16.22 Trach Floor 81

Ed’s post:

Today Rosa and I switched, in the parking lot. The kids and I drove down to Seattle and picked Rosa up outside the hospital. We went and had a quick lunch in the car. Then back to the hospital to drop me off. Rosa took the kids home and I walked down the lonely halls to Aimee’s room. This is so hard. I really don’t even have words for it. We have crossed the line that feels like you can’t do it anymore countless times and yet you still continue on, somehow. 

I’m glad that Rosa gets a break from the grind of the hospital and I hope she gets to recover a little. It’s hard to imagine ever fully recovering from this stay. It took us about 6 weeks to feel like we were starting to get our feet under us at home after being at the hospital for 6 weeks this summer. We are rapidly approaching 4 months and we started out exhausted. 

I came in to find Aimee sleeping. She has slept most of the afternoon and evening. The third attempt at the home suction machine has been working so far. I got an average output tonight, which was encouraging. So, we will see what the next 36 hours show us. Tuesday morning the Care Coordinator will come back in to ask how it went.

Here are some pictures from my week at home:









No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.