1.11.22 Trach Floor 76

This is discouraging. I am having a difficult time getting the old fashioned intermittent suction machine to work. Aimee is nauseous and uncomfortable. It is just not functioning well enough to get much from her stomach. :( The company will bring a new one tomorrow just in case it is this particular machine, but… well we’ll see if that is the case next. 

I was able to meet with anesthesia first thing this morning. They were quite hesitant to allow us to schedule the central line placement before 4 weeks following the virus. We had a long chat and she agreed to compromise at us waiting 1 more week, as long as I understood and agreed to the risks. Now that we have that agreement, we are working on getting on the general surgery schedule for next week. 

There was discussion of doing her bone infusion finally this week, but I asked to wait until after the line procedure. The infusion can cause flu like symptoms and increased seizures. We don’t want anything to mess with that line placement date! 

I am over all of this. Just give me what I need to get my daughter home where she belongs. We need this to be done. 


Aimee got attend part of the homeschool lesson today via facetime. ❤️

1 comment:

  1. Oh my sweet friends. Today is the first time of reading your blog. I am in awe. Awe because I simply didn't know what all is involved in caring for precious Aimee. Awe because of the incredible love that comes out of so much challenge.
    All I can say is, I'm in. Whatever I can do to help, I'm there.
    I dropped off a few meals this afternoon and once again, I was welcomed with so much joy. I'm falling in love with your precious family and I CANNOT WAIT to meet sweet Aimee!
    Love to you all!❤

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.