1.27.22 Trach Floor 93

Aimee is having her procedure right now. And I just finished the most difficult conversation of my life with the anesthesiologist. She felt that ideally we would wait 8 weeks to do the procedure, but did agree to do it now. She REALLY pushed me on our code status and detailed possible scenarios. It was agony to have to repeatedly say that chest compressions are a hard no. ECMO, injections, intubation, literally everything else is fine right now, but no compressions. Yes, but do I understand that this is not routine life, her heart might stop from this or this or this during the procedure… yes, I hear you, but with her fragile bones… All to say, I am so grateful that both Ed and I have completely discussed this issue and feel very strongly (especially after our class that simulated compressions) that we are making the right choice for Aimee. We are making this choice with a heart of compassion, respect, and great love for our daughter. I am SO grateful for this together decision. Yet, it still is searing my heart. 

I will update when the procedure is finished soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.