1.20.22 Trach Floor 85

Ed’s Post

Tell me if you have heard this one before: I think we might get to go home in two weeks. 

It doesn’t even seem real and I kind of don’t believe it. However, today we did schedule a central line procedure for next Thursday at 11 am. I feel like I should be more excited about this, but the reality of it is that we have gotten this close or closer a couple of times before and had it fall apart on us. I’m hopeful that tomorrow I can work with the Care Coordinator once again to pencil out a potential discharge schedule. 

By Thursday next week we should have run the course of antibiotics and Aimee should be in a really good place. Today, with the help of her new vent settings, we were able to transition her off of oxygen and she rested well. She is not back to being herself yet, but honestly, for all that she has going on, she is doing quite well. It’s really amazing to see the difference between her care with the Trach/vent compared to the BiPap during times of sickness. 

She spent a couple of hours comfortably sitting in her wheelchair this afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.