12.30.21 Trach Floor 64

Getting tired of this yet? Me too. So deeply tired. 

I met with the general surgeon today and signed the consent form to place a Hickman, which is a tunneled central line on Aimee’s chest for giving TPN at home. It is not yet scheduled, but I am hopeful that it will be in the next week. 

Aimee had a good day. Awake and alert, but quite serious. She almost seemed to be studying us. Really using her eyes, looking in both directions, and even turning her head some. More head movement than I have seen since we’ve been here this stay. More and more progress! 

I’m beginning to feel better today. Had a bit more energy. I had a known night nurse last night cover some of my middle of the night duties so I could get some sleep. We have rarely had consistent nurses that we know, so it was a relief to be able to trust her with some of the care. 

Started working with the care coordinator and the Medically complex care consult today on nursing orders. For example, do I want nurses/caregivers to check blood pressure, how often do we want them to take vitals, what the parameters are for temperatures, ect. We will make a care plan here that will translate to her care at home. Just starting to sketch that out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.