12.11.21 Trach Floor 45

Today was a good day. Ed and I got to spend the morning together taking care of Aimee. We got to leave her here in the care of a nurse with whom we both feel really comfortable. We went home for a few hours and were able to celebrate Caleb turning 10 with family and friends. Aimee was able to participate via facetime, which was sweet. Then I came back down to a peaceful room with a girl who had been so well cared for while we were gone. It is such an amazing feeling to have other people step in and befriend her where she is. Another nurse stopped by to tell me how excited she was to have seen Aimee smile at her today. I feel so honored to have such love and care around us at home and here too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.