7.18.21 Inpatient 21

Disappointed to say that Aimee is heading the wrong direction with an even higher output and more fluid replacement needed. I’m not sure what the new plan is yet. The weekends are a bit slower with no rounds and much less activity. I haven’t even seen any residents or doctors yet this morning! 

In bittersweet news, Ed and I are going to switch roles for a couple of days. Now knowing that Aimee has at least several more days needed here, I need to get some restoration by going home, spending time with the other kids, getting fresh air, and sleeping in a real bed. I hate to leave Aimee here, especially without a clear plan, but I am leaving her in the best hands. Ed will spend a few nights here with Aimee doing her care, making decisions, and spending time with her. I am so excited to go home and so disappointed that I am leaving without Aimee. Yet, I haven’t seen the other 4 in a couple weeks and my heart needs to spend time mothering them. šŸ’›šŸ˜­

In great news, Aimee is feeling wonderful. Perhaps because her output is up even more. Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.