8.10.21 Inpatient 44

Well my dear friends, Aimee has done it. 24 hours without episodes of hypothermia. Tomorrow we will have our training with homecare, get new equipment, pick up meds, and move out of the hospital that has been our home for most of the past 3 months. 

I have been intending to share this exciting news with you all evening. Yet, here it is past 11... I can’t describe my hesitation. I am numb. I should feel thrilled, but somehow I can’t feel anything. This has been a difficult journey for all of us. Many lows and too many false highs. Maybe we rode the roller coaster of emotions too many times. Maybe we have been too detached from real life to remember its joy. Maybe we are just too weary to feel. Maybe the sorrow of it all is finally settling into me. Perhaps the elation is tempered by how tenuous it feels to take her home after these recent experiences. 

Aimee will go home. She will be with her family. She will sleep in her own bed. She will be outside. She will take a shower. She will watch movies on the couch. She will listen to audiobooks with her brothers. She will dance with her sister. She will feel the sun on her skin and hear the crazy sounds of life around her. I am so grateful that she will be experiencing life again. I am so grateful for her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.