2.6.22 Firsts

Aimee had her first shower at home today to wash off the hospital smell. Ed and I did her first trach change at home. Louisa insisted on trying some lipstick today and equally required that Aimee have it too. I love the little moments happening between them. Louisa helped us as much as she could with every part of Aimee’s care, moving a leg, drying her bathchair, changing her sheets. She would have loved to do more. Walter walked through Aimee’s room and commented, “Do you know how happy I am right now? I’m just so happy Aimee is home.” 

I am going to post more sporadically over the coming time. It is difficult to sort out how to organize everything in my brain and in physical space for Aimee’s supplies, her daily schedule, ect. Going to focus on that and on hopefully getting some family time this week before Ed goes back to work next week. I hope to have many good days ahead to share with you in the coming weeks and months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.