5.29.21 Home


Elliot and Louisa picked me this bouquet of buttercups yesterday. Being home, spending time in the fresh air and sunshine, sleeping in a bed, playing with our kids,  so much to appreciate. Particularly knowing that we are only home for a couple of weeks, it is easy to feel all of the blessings of home. 









Aimee was so pleased to be in her own bed the first night home. Her brothers were snuggled at the foot of the bed while Ed gave Aimee her evening meds and I read a book aloud. 

Today she has been exhausted. Her oxygen is low and her ostomy output is really thin. Hard not to start reading into the numbers. I think she is just recovering.  Ed and I have been nauseously exhausted and we didn’t have surgery, so I imagine she is not at her best yet either. 

We will be changing out her ostomy bag on our own for the first time tonight. :) Hoping we remember all the steps and don’t make a giant mess of it. 

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to see Aimee so alert in some of these photos. It's easy to see when she is happy and engaged.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.