1.26.16 Social Recovery

At 2:30am the night before last, Aimee tried to engage me in conversation. She hummed at me and I hummed back. In the morning, she simpered and smiled at Ed. This is the recovery of Aimee that we have longed for daily. Her pain has lessened, her meds have lessened, and her sweet spirit is coming back to awareness. Her health has returned as well. 

I am filled with thankfulness to be here in health and recovery with Aimee. Hoping to be reporting back to you in a couple more weeks about ditching the cast and brace, about rebuilding muscles and dancing hips. 

Ps. After consulting with her Neurodevelopemental doctor, we have decided to let puberty continue to progress at this point, since she is nearly 7. 

1 comment:

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.