8.19.13 Sobs and Seizures

Tonight is a night of many sobs and a few seizures. A night of distress. A night of frustration as I have no idea how to help Aimee. I am holding her wrapped in a soft blanket rocking back and forth in Ed's recliner. A few days ago I tried laying with her in her bed to stop the sobs. I have brought her into my bed nights before that. Too many sad nights for my pretty girl.

Tonight, I wonder as we rock what makes her so sad. Is she scared because of the seizures? Is she having stomach cramps and acid reflux because I gave her formula for breakfast and lunch instead of blended food? Is she in pain? Is she feeling alone? Is she just overly tired from lack of sleep?

I don't know. I'll just keep rocking and rocking her until she wears herself out. Selfishly wishing I could take my much needed shower I had planned for tonight. Knowing at this point, I'll have to put off cleanliness again to tomorrow evening's list. Most of all praying for peace and wholeness for my honey bird in night's dark hours.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for these hard nights. Elizabeth responds well to a warm pack. It's rice in an 6x12 bag that we warm for one minute. Do you think she has migraines? Elizabeth was hard to diagnose with her regular PCP until we just asked her neurologist, she said Elizabeth probably has them because people in our family get them. They seem to make her really uncomfortable and upset as well. Typically its her tummy though, and I can do the warm pack and usually if it doesn't help then I'll do a suppository. We use a glycerine liquid one that seems to work better than any other we have tried. I'll be praying for you guys. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if my comment just got erased..dang. I'll try again. When Elizabeth is upset its usually her tummy. First I try her warm pack ( a rice filled bag that's about 4x8 warmed up in the microwave for 1 minute) If that doesn't help I give her a suppository. We use a liquid one that seems to work better than any other ones. I usually only have to give her one about every other week. Other times she "might" have a migraine. They run in our family and she seems to have a harder time with them when we have any weather fluctuation. Our neurologist prescribed her something for them. I'm so sorry again, I know how this feels, just not with two younger ones to chase after as well. You're in my prayers and I sure hope things smooth out.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.