1.8.13 Quiet Storms

Thank you for your prayers for Aimee during this sickness. Things may at times appear silent on our front. Sometimes those are difficult moments. We have cancelled this and last week's appointments/school days. Being housebound is, well about as exciting as it sounds. I love being home, but the peace of it is marred in illness. It is very exhausting to be tied to a suction machine, helping Aimee fight aspiration and dehydration while also caring for my little Caleb. So grateful for the friends who ordered a pizza delivery for us, the one who ran a needed errand, and the family who gave us soup. Your love to us gives us strength.

I am pleased to report that Aimee's fever has gone down significantly over the last 24 hours. She still has a deep, wet cough, but her breathing is regular. We are amazed with every minor respiratory trouble combined with her underlying condition that she has not yet dealt with pneumonias. Every doctor we meet with considers it miraculous and I certainly attribute it to the many prayers on her behalf. We are hopeful that this sickness will also resolve with no pneumonia. Please continue to pray for restoration of her immune system and protection of her lungs.

Thankfully I have Caleb's help today. His attempts to comfort his sissy are priceless!

4 comments:

  1. Aw that is such a sad, but sweet picture.. :( Jesus fill your home with life, wholeness and strength. May Aimee's immune system receive all that Jesus died for and line up with heaven in Jesus' name..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so relieved Aimee is feeling a bit better now, Rosa. Your children are so sweet together. Love to you today, Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start following your blog more! I have now saved it to my favorites. You are so lucky Amiee hasn't had any pneumonia's! Elizabeth has had four bad cases, three of which required the ICU. I totally understand your quiet days and suction machine right by your side....I pray God gives you all the strength you need in these times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are amazed and thankful she hasn't too! I don't know why and she tends to get bronchitis constantly, but it hasn't gone farther. So sorry Betty has already had 4. I am not looking forward to those scary moments. When you have a chance, can you tell me when you take Betty in to be checked? We have errored on the side of avoiding the ER at all costs, but want to be wise too.

      Delete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.