9.30.12 Blood, Phlegm, and Tears

It's getting late, going on 11:30. Ed and Caleb have both been in bed for hours. Aimee and I are spending the hours of the night together on the couch. Just the two of us, the iPad, a fuzzy blanket, and the suction machine. Most nights Aimee does well sleeping on her own in her twin bed at a slight incline. Then there are these types of nights. Ones that include blood, phlegm, and tears. Usually all Aimee's, but admittedly a few of the tears fall from my eyes as well.

We have had several minor illnesses cycle through our little family over the last several weeks. Annoying and tiring for the other three of us, challenging and exhausting for Aimee. A constant battle being waged against aspiration and dehydration.

Yet, I am very thankful as I sit here that I am here, at home, able to care for her myself in middle of her little fights. Thankful that I was chosen to wipe her tears, share her laughs, and her hold her tight. And certainly most thankful that I do not do any of it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.