11.5.10


Last week, Aimee was measured for a wheelchair. We are hoping that we can get a wheelchair/stroller combination. It would be a more lightweight, adjustable chair versus the traditional, upright (more expensive) version. The company is going to bring over a couple of samples for us to try soon. Kind of exciting honestly. Aimee will really love being able to sit up all by herself and be a part of what is happening around her. I will really love having something that can carry Aimee and all of her stuff as she grows.

Wednesday, we met with the school district to set new goals for the next year. Always a challenging discussion. We don't want to set them so high that she can't reach them...it's hard to come up with goals that are small enough that we are sure they are attainable. I really focused on the area of communication for this next year. I would love to see her understand that words relate to people and objects. Knowing that I am 'mama', what a 'bath' is, that her name is 'aimee', ect. Of course, I would love her to start saying words, but I think that is too big a goal for this next year. I would love for her to sit independently, but instead I am just focusing on her head, hoping she will be able to support it independently by this time next year.

The school district wants me to take several training courses designed for parents/teachers of visually and hearing impaired children. I can't decide if I actually have the motivation to do this or not. Of course, it sounds great to learn more about stimulating learning and literacy. However, from my experiences with the trainings thus far, it is like wading through a day of information to walk out with one helpful nugget. Plus, two of the trainings are 4 days long held in Tacoma and Vancouver, WA. Hmm...

Aimee has her final surgery for the g-tube on the 15th. We will be preparing for this next week with anesthesiology and gastroenterology. The week after surgery, we will be in meeting with Orthopedics, GI Nutrition and Adolescent Medicine (not all at the same time :D).

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to update all of us who care so much about your family. Let me know if you ever need a coffee break;) ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting about the wheelchair/stroller!

    Did you ever find out about the CMV test results? I thought that sounded promising...

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.