2.25.16 My 7th Birthday

My first best friend was there. I wore a big floppy sunhat that belonged to my mom and a pink dress with white kittens on it. Someone gave me bubble bath and lotion, which is was bordering on embarrassing at that age. My birthday was on a Wednesday, which meant I got to be baptised at church during the evening service. My parents took me out to breakfast and I ordered a gingerbread man pancake. I got my ears pierced and my own bedroom. 

It was a big year. The year I had been waiting for my whole life. Dreams come true at 7. Dreams are wished for, imagined in all their perfect fairytale glory at 7. 

It breaks my heart to think of Aimee's birthday tomorrow. There will be no favorite birthday meal, no little girl dreams to smile over. It is difficult to know how to celebrate her sufficiently in a way she would enjoy. No idea what Aimee is dreaming of in her last night as a 6 year old. A few more hours and the clock will keep ticking forward to 7 on the beautiful life of a patient, joyful, truly sincere girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.