4.17.15 Education

Yesterday was an education as I learned more about heart, lung, brain connection. Aimee and I met with her Pulmonolgist and I asked "what does that mean?" a dozen times. It seems like Aimee has wonderfully functioning organs, but her brain either has some anomaly developing around her brain stem or more wiring issues. It is time to do some testing. First they will ensure that the increase in issues have not caused damage to her heart yet via an angiogram and to do some bloodwork to see if her carbon dioxide levels are still too high. Most importantly, we are scheduling a sedated brain MRI to get a picture of what is happening around her brain stem. 

Aimee and I are overwhelmed, but I am thankful to be more educated and to have a doctor who listens closely and answers clearly. Praying we get clear answers that the doctors can interpret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.