3.11.15 Still Fighting

Poor Aimee is exhausted. I am having a tough time weighing putting her on bipap or not. If I do, the wound on her nose won't heal and she cries because it hurts. If I don't, she doesn't get good rest and it is harder for her to breath. 


Had to cancel her big Neurodvelopmental appt for today as we trudge around in circles finding our way back to health. She gains energy, which loosens secretions. This causes her to lose fluids as she coughs and vomits. We back down her intake rates. She loses energy. She fights to get good oxygen and stay hydrated. As she steps back into wiped out sleep, we are able to up her fluids. She gains energy and the cycle begins again. It's a long, dizzying process, yet I am thankful to be spinning at home! 

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Duoderm or Tegaderm on her nose?? Poor sweet baby :(

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.