3.28.14 She Knew

An inconsistency has occurred.

Always Aimee keeps us second guessing. Since my last post the ping pong game of sickness, of issues, has volleyed back and forth numerous times. Moments pass where it seems we are lost. Then the game shifts and we feel sure and confident.

Today, we took Aimee down for her first set of lessons in 9 months. A preview to the week of therapy lessons her T-shirt sales is funding. 9 months. We expected regression. Don't we all lose progress over such a break? This past 6 months have been dark and difficult. Personally, I have been under the weight of post pardum depression and the stress of sick season. Aimee has been in a fog. More seizures, I think. Or maybe it's... I could run through a list of alternatives. 

This week, starting Monday, Aimee is doing things I haven't seen her do since... Probably since a month after her last lesson. She has been raising her right arm straight and across her body. She has been participating in sitting up. She has been aware. She has been vocal, responding to my comments to her. She has been frequently looking in the direction of a speaker. I almost felt like yesterday she looked me in the eye for a moment. And, she has slept through the night 3 out of the last 4 nights. 

My only conclusion is that she knew. She knew she was going to have lessons this week and she is returning to that state of mind. Is that possible? You may be quick to say, "of course!". I assure you... I will not be. I love Aimee. I do my best to believe for her. But my heart does not understand. How to process this inconsistency. It wants to ignore it for its own protection. Yet, there is a whisper saying it again.

She knew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.