7.29.13 We Don't Always Win

Proof:

We have had a great time this past few days with Uncle Erik and cousin Evan visiting from Texas. While spending a few hours in Seattle, I thought we should bring Aimee to this little tide pool area and help her feel the sea creatures. She gets such a limited amount of sensory input on her own and we are always on the look out for ways to let her be a part. Sometimes, I try a little too hard and it turns out like this.

The first photo is Aimee, happily enjoying the environment while she is secure on daddy's lap.
The second.... well something that sounded so nice, like such a good idea in my head, 
turned out unsecure, floppy, and completely counterproductive. 
 And then, poor, scared Aimee slept through the rest of the trip. A sensory attempt gone very wrong!

I am so grateful for her sweet, forgiving spirit. She never holds any attempts against us and takes most everything in stride. In fact, at this moment, she is with daddy at the hospital having another sleep study done. Below is the photo Ed sent me this evening as she was getting wired up for the study. Precious girl. It takes a lot to turn her smile upside down!

1 comment:

  1. You are a good mama, for sure! I love that you are always helping her experience life.
    Kiss Aimee's cheeks for me.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.