8.16.12 A Touch

Aimee had her first official lesson in Bellevue this afternoon. Unfortunately due to some more car trouble (remember how I said our van loves Washington? well it doesn't love 100 degree weather in Washington, especially after someone parked in the full sun for a couple hours and then ran the ac through stop and go traffic. Yeah, that was me.) we didn't have a full opportunity to observe her this evening for any little changes. However, when we did finally get home this evening, I sat next to her while she was having her dinner bolus. She had been very excited and attentive in her lesson today. I was talking with her about it and she started reaching her hand out towards me. Now, she has been waving her hands out to the sides for some time, but this was persistent searching. She rubbed her hand on my arm, rested it on my shoulder for a couple minutes, and looked at me in the eye. Makes my heart warm just remembering it. She is learning how to initiate touch! Huge success!

Please pray for the provision to continue with these lessons. I am going to try to see if we can get insurance to reimburse some of the expense, but it is very unlikely that they will. We really are amazed at the results we are seeing in Aimee and are going to continue forward even though we can't yet see how it will come together. We are so thankful for each person who has gotten us this far. It is beautiful to me how this community of friends, family, and strangers has provided so much for Aimee. She is one loved sweetheart. I wish you could all see how lit up with joy and life she is!

1 comment:

  1. im so excited to to hear this it makes my heart warm just thinking about it!!! <3alyssa

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.