4.23.12

Aimee has just finally recovered from being quite ill for about 2 1/2 weeks. During which time I turned into a paranoid mother. The following are all searches that I made on WebMD the first week that she was sick: pneumonia, yeast infection, seasonal allergies, low blood pressure, food intolerance, normal range of children's heart rates, eye infection, types of fever, and distended stomach. Does that make me a nominee for the crazy mother award?
We ended up taking her in to Urgent Care at Children's after the first week. We wanted to have a chest x-ray done to be sure it wasn't pneumonia. Thankfully it just turned out to be bronchitis, so we brought her home to care for her. Looking back I probably should have taken her to the ER instead and considered having her admitted. We had a very hard time keeping her hydrated, suctioned, and comfortable. In the end she did recover, but if I am in that situation again I don't think I'll take the chance.

-Video of the kids playing pre-sickness-

Aside from sickness, it was a wonderful break. I have become entirely jealous to be a stay-at-home mom. Yes, I kind of am a stay-at-home mom. I do work part time for my church, but thankfully they allowed me change to working from home about 6 months ago. While Aimee was sick though, she wasn't in school, therapy and hospital appointments were cancelled, and I couldn't do her normal exercises. That side of it was lovely, lovely, really lovely. I vacuumed. I played with Caleb for longer than 5 minutes. I exercised. I read books to the kids (Aimee wasn't super interested, but I read to her anyways). I got caught up on cleaning, bills, baking, laundry, projects. Aside from running errands and going to the hospital, I did not leave our home for two weeks. Oh yes, lovely is the right word.
Last week I took Aimee to her follow up with the Pulmonary department regarding her most recent Sleep Study. They had increased the intake pressure on her BiPap machine and given her a new mask style last month. We went in to review these changes. Unfortunately, we still haven't noticed a significant improvement in Aimee's energy levels. We had her fitted for another new mask since the second one was leaking on her eye, causing serious irritation and potential scratches on her cornea. We're hoping to have this new mask in the next couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.