2.4.11


-Ed building an addition to Aimee's activity room-

We met with the TVI (teacher of the visually impaired) yesterday for the first time. Very interesting! She had several suggestions, but was overall pleased with how we are already working with Aimee. She provided us quite a bit of reading material, some on introducing the braille system, which we are unsure at this point if we will be using. She was particularly concerned that we did not yet have a fully supportive seating system for Aimee (a wheelchair). Aside from the mobility, she was primarily concerned about the support. She said that asking Aimee to hold herself properly, keep her eyes open and take in visual input is like asking me to eat lunch, make a sandwich and walk a tightrope at the same time. It is just too much to do at once. In order to allow her to use the vision that she has to it's complete potential, she needs to be properly supported. Nice to know, but it doesn't really help me get her a chair :). She will be visiting us once a month.


-Talking with Grandma Starla-

I am in the process of applying to attend a conference at the Tacoma Convention Center in May that will have sessions specific to children with multiple disabilities, especially vision and hearing loss. The school district really wants me to start attending these types of conferences and day sessions. So far, they aren't that helpful for us specifically, but I am still hopeful.

We have been having so much trouble lately with our home care supply company. Of course, you all know about the difficulty with the bath chair and then the wheel chair. Now the company that provides our feeding supplies is causing issues! After a 2 week process of trying to get supplies (the same ones that I order every month, to the same address), we still have received nothing. I am hoping to find a box on my porch when I get home, cause we are now completely out of feeding supplies! It should be a 48 hour turn around time. Oh my!

-All bundled and ready to run with Mommy and Daddy-

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.