2.17.11

This has been one sick week in the DeVoe house. Kind of nice to get us all out of the way at once- like a family activity. Unfortunately, Aimee is still pretty phlegmy (Spell check says this is not a word. It should be a word.). It makes me a little nervous for her to be coughing and having so many secretions. I wish I had some way to help her clear out and to keep her from aspirating anything. If we get to tomorrow and she isn't clearing up, I may have to take her in...we'll see.

Had to cancel most everything this week because of being sick, but we did make it down to her Audiology appointment today to get fitted for new hearing aid molds. We decided to stick with the cute pink ones with glitter in them, but this time we are adding little silver stars! I know what you're thinking ,overkill, but the stars were so perfect for her...I couldn't pass them up! :)

While we were there today, they checked out her ears and noted that she may have an ear infection beginning to develop. Kind of neat that we went in and found out, because she has no way to tell me that her ears are hurting her.

Anyone have any natural solutions for these minor issues? I've been hearing about oregano oil a lot lately for colds/coughs, so I may be trying that. It just seems silly to take her in to the naturopath one week before her two year check up.

3 comments:

  1. phlegmy

    Sorry to hear your family has been sick. Not fun, especially with a little one. :(

    Small miracles are the ones that impress me most. Glad they found that infection pre-emptively. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well I fixed my spelling...still says it isn't a word! :)
    I would really love to come down and spend some time with you, Alex, Rachel and all the pretty little girls. Next time you plan a trip to the zoo or something that you wouldn't mind a tag along, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stars are definitely NOT overkill :) They'll be so cute! Uriah's been really phlegmy too, let me know if they give you any suggestions if you go in tomorrow. That's crazy that they could tell you she might be getting an ear infection! Is it more common with the hearing aids?

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.