5.18.16 I Wouldn't Trade You

Dear Aimee,

Being your Momma has not gone to script. The dreams I dreamt of us, the life I planned, may never come to be. Yet, never, ever would I trade my Aimee girl. 

I would never trade you for a mini chef or gardener protegĂ©. I would never trade you for a gap model or a math genius. I would never trade your starlit eyes for ones that could read books, or take photographs, or spot treasure. I would never trade your giant, mixed tooth smile for one with an even grin. I would never trade your elegant fingers for ones that play concertos or paint like monet. I would never trade your soft feet for ones that could run a marathon or tap dance. I would never trade your drooling lips for ones that could lip sync or tell good jokes. I would never trade your twisting torso or dancing hips in for perfect posture or an elegant stance. 


No matter the offer, I would never trade you, dear. Who you are brings me delight. There are many things that you and I will never get to do together, but looking into your face, I am grateful that I get to love you as you are to forever.

♥️ Momma

1 comment:

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.