11.19.14 So This Is Love

"Love her."

This the specific direction I'm given.  When I am at a loss, desperately in prayer, wondering how to mother Aimee, these are the words I hear. Yet, I still get bogged down. What does this mean? How can I do this grand task? What big gesture should I perform? 

Then, as I go about her cares, a song comes to mind. I continually find myself singing it while I change a diaper, while I clean the suction machine, while I respond to middle of the night alarms. 

So this is love
Mmhmm mmhmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine.
I'm all aglow
Mmhmm mmhmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine.
My heart has wings
Mmhmm mmhmm
And I can fly
I'll touch every star in the sky.
So this is the miracle 
that I've been dreaming of
So this is love.

Simple song from Cinderella, but it comes to my heart and reminds me that my divine task is to touch heaven with simple, daily care.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.