2.16.14 Twelve Years Ago

  “Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one’s life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one’s side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music, perhaps . . . perhaps . . . love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath.”
― L.M. Montgomery
 


Taking a brief break to whisper a secret in your ear. 

I am in love. 



Love unfolding
Waiting for Aimee to come back from surgery





Twelve years ago, on the 16th of February, I stood in a doorway and was smitten by this young man.







 
I was quick to befriend him, barely knowing that I was receiving the best gift of my life in my friend, my husband, my own Ed. The man who daily loves me, who daily gives me grace, who daily plays with his sons, who daily participates in caring for Aimee, will daily have my heart. 










Ed, you are my favorite friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.