6.24.13 Our Frog Prince

Thursday, June 20th, we welcomed a new little boy to our family. Elliot Anthony took his first breath of air at 4:51pm.

While I was preparing for his arrival around 3pm, I decided to try brightening up the bedroom. My birthday roses (from 2 1/2 weeks prior) were looking quite sad on the side table and I thought I might be able to find one or two off of our bush out front.

What a stormy day we were having! Most of the roses were pitifully drooped from the rain. I found one pretty little bud and one half open bloom. Upon cutting the bloom though, I noticed there was a leaf that had fallen inside. I was about to pull it out when I saw the leaf's throat moving. Its eyes were looking directly at me. It was in fact a tiny little frog nestled between the petals.

What a surprise. I felt like I had been transplanted to a fairytale. As I was about to welcome a new baby into the world, a special little present was just outside my door. My little frog prince was about to venture out from his cozy, petaled home into the stormy world. Elliot's adventure in life has begun!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts. Thank you for sharing your magical moment with us. ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.