2.12.12

A strange, wonderful thing happened today. Something that will probably seem silly to even write about to anyone else, but to me it was wonderful. Aimee was able to use a regular hair band. You know just a plain stretchy hair rubber band.
I realize this seems trivial, however, one of the many things that my heart longs for with my daughter is to be able to share things with her. When I was little, my mom would let me use this one soft pink color of lipstick that she had. I even still remember the name, 'gold dipped rose'. She let me use her purple eye shadow and wear her shoes (for the brief 3 months that I fit into them). She still lets me borrow jewelry and cooking gadgets.
It may not seem important to anyone but me, but I am so thankful that Aimee and I can share hair rubber bands. It makes my heart smile.

1 comment:

  1. Makes my heart smile too, and my eyes are getting a little wet. You are so right there a some things that only mother/daughter can do. You do have the sweetest daughter, as I do.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.