10.3.11

This last Wednesday Aimee and I headed down to Puyallup again to have her elbow braces and hand mitts made. Sadly, we found out that we have to go back 2 more times!!! Ugh. It is hard to imagine this being worth 4 days with 5 hours of traveling each every 6 months just for these braces. Especially once it means Aimee, baby and I traveling down together. :/

Thursday we began meeting with the TVI (Teacher of the Visually Impaired) again. It wasn't a very productive time as she came right after class was over, however, the TVI was really impressed with the progress that Aimee has made over the summer. It is amazing how many areas her lack of vision impacts, so every tiny improvement is a big deal for Aimee.

Friday I took Aimee in to see her pediatrician, because she has had several dry, scabbing/flaky, and irritated patches of skin that weren't going away after a few weeks time. We knew that she had sensitive skin, but found out that she actually has eczema. Kind of nice to know, as it give me some concrete steps to take for prevention and treatment. Poor girl has been dealing with these itchy patches her whole life and I never knew that they were actually something. Oh the never ending discoveries! If you know of any good tips for dealing with eczema, please pass them on to me as I am just learning about it.

We were finally able to sit down and have a nursing plan meeting at the school to document what needs to be done for Aimee in case of emergency. This is the first step towards me being able to leave her by herself at school. At this point, they are having a hard to time getting involved in her care while I am there, even though I walk away from her and play with the other kids. I know they are nervous to do it wrong in front of me, but I don't want to leave her if they don't even know how to get her out of her chair by themselves. Definitely going to have to address that very soon!

Hopefully next week I can update you on our extreme home nesting that has been taking up most of our time and energy this past 2 weeks, but for now, enjoy this little video of Aimee playing and laughing. Always lifts my spirits, hopefully it does the same for you!

ps. We have decided to name our growing little boy Caleb Edison DeVoe, which means 'faithful son of Edward'. We are officially in the every-other-week appointment stage with the midwife, so the timeline is getting shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments and encouragements! Messages to Aimee are always welcome too. I will definitely read them to her. :)

Please be aware that I do moderate comments, so it will not appear immediately. If you have any trouble commenting, feel free to email us your thoughts to edr2005@gmail.com.